On Board Online • April 27, 2015
Eric D. Randall
On June 22, NYSSBA will launch a new "eLearning" program targeted at newly elected school board members.
"NYSSBA is the state's leading provider of state-required courses in fiscal oversight and governance," said Barry Entwistle, director of leadership development. "Our new eLearning system will take advantage of new technology to provide a more interactive and dynamic experience. Board members will be able to access it using a variety of platforms including tablets and other devices."
When NYSSBA first began offering online training in 2007, the industry standard was a presentation of bullet points of information accompanied by narration to replicate an in-person PowerPoint presentation. The new system will be more sophisticated, Entwistle said.
The platform was developed by Loud Cloud, a company founded by Marc Andreesen, best known as the creator of the Netscape web browser.Read the entire article>>
|More On Board Online Stories>>|
2015 Legislative Activity
- NYSSBA Opposes Education Investment Tax Credit 76KB
- Letter to Legislature on Building Aid Recalculation and Prior Year Adjustments 218KB
- 2015-16 State Aid Projections 4.8MB
- Groups Call on Legislature to Reject Education Tax Credit 48KB
- 2015 Legislative Priorities 1.9MB
- 2015 Executive Budget Analysis 267KB
- 2015 Budget Testimony 304KB
Educational Conference Board Activity
Albany Times Union
NY Common Core test data to be released in July
Here are the top education stories found in today's NYSSBA e-Clips. If you're a NYSSBA member, you can subscribe to e-Clips to receive education news from over 26 newspapers each day.Sign-up TODAY!