Employment Opportunities at NYSSBA
The New York State School Boards Association is seeking an individual with an outgoing personality and strong customer service skills to serve as the receptionist at our Latham, NY headquarters. Candidates will be considered for immediate full time employment.
- Greets and directs visitors at our headquarters.
- Answers the switchboard; provides callers with general information about NYSSBA and directs callers to appropriate staff members.
- Provides administrative duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills
- High school diploma.
- Good interpersonal and oral communications skills.
- Experience as a receptionist and/or customer service a plus.
- Knowledge of computer and telephone systems, and general office equipment.
- Highly dependable and able to work a M-F 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. schedule.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for confidential consideration, email resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements by December 21 to:
Subject line: Receptionist
Governmental Relations Representative
The New York State School Boards Association is seeking an experienced individual for immediate employment in our Latham, NY headquarters.
- Act as an advocate to advance the Association’s legislative agenda to the State Legislature, State Education Department, other state agencies and Congress.
- Maintain regular contact with school board members around the state.
- Represent the Association in coalitions and other meetings.
- Produce memos and other written materials to support the legislative agenda.
Requirements and Skills:
- BA required; MA or JD preferred
- Minimum three years legislative or other policy or lobbying experience.
- Experience with public education policy issues strongly preferred.
- Experience producing legislative materials including bill drafts and position papers preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Frequent travel as well as night and weekend availability.
Competitive salary and benefits package. To apply for confidential consideration, email resume, cover letter and compensation requirements by January 16 to:
Subject line: Gov. Relations Position
An Equal Opportunity Employer.