Employment Opportunities at NYSSBA
Governmental Relations Representative
The New York State School Boards Association is seeking an experienced individual for immediate employment in our Latham, NY headquarters.
- Act as an advocate to advance the Association’s legislative agenda to the State Legislature, State Education Department, other state agencies and Congress.
- Maintain regular contact with school board members around the state.
- Represent the Association in coalitions and other meetings.
- Produce memos and other written materials to support the legislative agenda.
Requirements and Skills:
- BA required; MA or JD preferred
- Minimum five years legislative or other policy or lobbying experience.
- Experience with public education policy issues strongly preferred.
- Experience producing legislative materials including bill drafts and position papers preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Frequent travel as well as night and weekend availability.
Competitive salary and benefits package. To apply for confidential consideration, email resume, cover letter and compensation requirements by August 31 to:
Subject line: Gov. Relations Position
An Equal Opportunity Employer.