Employment Opportunities at NYSSBA
Adjunct Faculty – Retreat Facilitators
NYSSBA’s Department of Leadership Development seeks qualified adjunct faculty from the Central, Western and Northern regions of New York State to deliver NYSSBA Custom Board Retreats for school board members and their superintendents to promote good governance and productive teamwork. Using NYSSBA’s curriculum, adjunct faculty will facilitate retreats to help school boards understand roles and responsibilities, build team relations, improve governance and address local concerns.
Facilitation of Custom Board Retreats is primarily evening and weekend work. Travel, sometimes overnight, is required.
Adjunct Faculty will:
- Facilitate full and half-day Custom Board Retreats at a specific time and location as set forth by mutual agreement between the facilitator and district officials
- Prepare for retreats by gathering and reviewing information on relevant issues
- Develop an agenda and retreat materials for production
- Complete a summary report following each retreat
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in group facilitation
- Experience in public education or board of education service
- Understanding of local and state educational issues
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Conflict management and dispute resolution experience preferred
Adjunct faculty members are independent contractors paid per project and not employees of NYSSBA.
To apply for confidential consideration, email resume and cover letter before February 28, 2018 to:
email@example.comSubject line: CBR Adjunct Faculty
24 Century Hill Drive, Suite 200, Latham, NY 12110-2125
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The New York State School Boards Association is seeking an experienced individual for immediate employment in our Latham, NY headquarters.
- Provides high level administrative support to the Governmental Relations department.
- Provides logistical support for conferences, events and campaigns.
- Answers inquiries or refers callers to the appropriate individual or department.Tracks assignments delegated to staff.
- Assists in scheduling meetings and compiles materials.
- Maintains files and coordinates document retention for the department.
- Arranges travel and registration for conferences, seminars, workshops and other meetings for the department director.
Requirements and Skills:
- Strong organizational and communications skills.
- Good proofreading and grammatical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Associate degree with at least five years of administrative or related experience required.
Competitive salary and benefits package. To apply for confidential consideration, email resume and cover letter by January 30 to:
Subject line: Department coordinator position
An Equal Opportunity Employer.