Registration is NOW OPEN for NYSSBA's 91st Annual Convention and Educational Trade Show in New York City, October 21-24, 2010. To celebrate our final year in NYC, we're excited to announce these distinguished speakers:
Sunday CelebrationDiane Ravitch
America's Promise During
|The Death and Life of the Great American School System|
Evaluating the Superintendent in the Age of Accountability
Uncovering Key Issues in Collective Bargaining
The Bully, the Bullied and the Bystander - Breaking the Cycle
Zero Tolerance Policies
At the Crossroads of Sexual Identity Issues
Google-licious: How to Find Anything on the Internet
GET MORE THAN EVER for your money this year with:
- Over 100 education seminars, with repeats of the most popular sessions so you don't miss out.
- Hot-topic featured sessions focused on the topics that matter most to you – including superintendent evaluations, Google tools, student health and bullying education, and zero tolerance.
- Ample opportunities to network with your colleagues from around the state, including our highly popular popcorn break!
- More than 160 trade show vendors showcasing the latest products and services that will benefit your district.
- 14th Annual Pre-Convention School Law Seminar: Always popular, this event sells out quickly! Topics include collective bargaining, a stateside view on the state of education, bullying and sexting, a year in review, web-based employment decisions, and back to basics on student residency. Sponsored by NYSSBA and the New York State Association of School Attorneys. (separate fee)
- 2nd Annual Pre-Convention Media Seminar: Districts in Distress – Persuading Your Public: Sometimes the decisions a school board makes in the district's best interest can anger a vocal minority and generate a backlash of bad publicity. Learn how to create positive public buy-in for tough decisions by examining communications theories, case studies and strategies. (free for conference registrants)
- School Foundations for a Brighter Future: Learn how your school district can start and sustain a school foundation that can provide extra dollars and community support for programs and items your students will benefit from but may have been cut from your budget. (free for conference registrants)
- The Key Work of School Boards: The Key Work of Schools Boards, developed by NSBA, is a governance framework based on the premise that excellence in the classroom begins with excellence in the boardroom. These eight courses will provide board members with the tools to be effective in their role as community leaders. (separate fees for each workshop)
- Fiscal Oversight Fundamentals: Complete your mandated fiscal training at Convention - take one or more modules on Thursday and Friday! (separate fee for each workshop)
Early Bird Registration (postmarked by July 31)
- Member district, per person: $399
- Nonmember district, per person: $798
SPECIAL TEAM PRICING
When your district has 6 or more paid registrants, you receive 1 additional free registration!
HOTEL DETAILS: Rooms sell out quickly, so make your reservations quickly!
Convention Headquarters Hotels
- Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers - 811 7th Ave, $248/night (single or double); $278/night (triple); $308/night (quad)
- Manhattan at Times Square Hotel - 790 7th Ave, $248/night (single or double); $278/night (triple); $308/night (quad)
- Flatotel - 135 W. 52nd St, 212-887-9400, $275/night (queen), $285/night (king), $305/night (2 doubles)
- New York Hilton, 1335 Avenue of the Americas, 212-586-7000; $345/night single or double
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, 1605 Broadway, 212-977-4000; $285/night single or double
- Omni Berkshire Place, 21 East 52nd St. at Madison Avenue, 212-753-5800; $309/night single or double