Employment Opportunities at NYSSBA
The New York State School Boards Association is seeking an experienced individual for immediate employment in our Latham, NY headquarters.
- Manages the Association’s online presence.
- Manages online integration to back-end systems.
- Recommends, designs and implements enhancements to the Association website and back-end databases.
- Implements state-of-the-art products to drive benefit to our members.
- Assists membership and staff with online questions and concerns.
- Keeps abreast of emerging web and database technologies.
- Ensures web and database standards are enforced.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years’ of web programming experience, including PHP or ASP.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with CMS.
- Knowledge of API.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with web and native apps.
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Ability to work well and engage others with product/service development.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
Competitive salary and benefits package. To apply for confidential consideration, email resume, cover letter and compensation requirements, by March 28, 2014 to:
Subject line: IT Position
An Equal Opportunity Employer.