|Displaying 1 through 10 of 155 Next Page >>|
STATE AND FEDERAL NEWS: COMMISSIONER KING TO LEAVE NYSED – ADVOCACY ALERT
December 11, 2014
NYS Education Commissioner John B. King, Jr. to take US DOE Post
- Statement of NYSSBA’s Executive Director, Timothy G. Kremer
- Statement of the New York State Education Department
- Statement of the U.S. Department of Education
Federal Appropriations Bill Released
- NSBA’s Fiscal Year 2015 Funding Update
ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING SUMMARY – ADVOCACY ALERT
November 17, 2014
Annual Business Meeting Summary
- 2014 Adopted Position Statements
The Legislative Insider Webinar – November 21
Join the governmental relations team to discuss the outcome of the recent elections including the re-election of Governor Cuomo, the balance of power in the State Senate, the education positions that key candidates held during election season and the approval of the Smart Schools Bond Act.
Call for Nominations: Advocate of the Year
Do you know of a fellow board member who is a "go to" leader and a school board advocate? Is there a board of education you particularly admire for their work to collectively secure outcomes with policymakers? Nominate that board member or a full board for the “NYSSBA Advocate of the Year” award!
- Information and Nomination Forms
GOV. SIGNS NYSSBA PRIORITY BILL – ADVOCACY ALERT
August 12, 2014
GOVERNOR SIGNS “LAST” LEVER VOTING MACHINE EXTENSION FOR SCHOOLS
Yesterday, Governor Cuomo signed Chapter 273 of 2014, which is legislation to extend school districts’ authority to continue the use of lever voting machines for one final year. The bill was one of NYSSBA’s highest legislative priorities and its passage came after an intensive advocacy effort. It is the first time in a generation that legislation has been passed and signed into law following notice by a governor that he would veto any such legislation, signaling recognition of newly presented information provided by your association.
APPROACHING APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR SCHOOL TECHNOLOGY FUNDS
- To be eligible, school districts must have had a Free and Reduced Price Lunch (FRPL) rate of at least 50% in the 2011-12 school year. Those eligible districts, their award amounts and application status can be found here.
- Additional information on the School Technology Voucher Program (STVP), including SED program contacts, can be found here.
2014 LEGISLATIVE SESSION WRAPS UP – ADVOCACY ALERT
June 21, 2014
YOUR ADVOCACY AT WORK: FROM MANDATES TO SUGGESTIONS
2014 LEGISLATIVE SESSION WRAPS UP – POSITIVE YEAR FOR PUBLIC EDUCATION
- NYSSBA Analysis
- Link to view the list of grants
- Assembly Resolution
- Senate Resolution
WE NEED YOUR HELP! – ADVOCACY ALERT
June 11, 2014
In 2005 the state required that optical scan voting machines be used in all elections, rather than lever voting machines. Since that time, NYSSBA has successfully advocated for an extended exemption for school district budget votes, bond propositions and school board elections. The latest exemption expires at the end of this calendar year, meaning without a new state law, 2015 school budget votes and elections will require either the use of optical scan voting machines or a return to paper ballots, counted by hand.
NYSSBA End of Session Legislative Priorities - Advocacy Alert
May 22, 2014
NYSSBA END OF SESSION LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES
- Oppose APPR Moratorium
- Invest in Public Schools
- Maintain SED oversight over school districts in human rights matters
- Support Special Act School districts and 853 schools
- Extend authority to use lever voting machines
- Maintain local control of school districts
- Maintain board of education authority and autonomy over curriculum
STATE BUDGET EXPLAINED – ADVOCACY ALERT
April 7, 2014
- NYSSBA WEBINAR - 2014 STATE BUDGET ANALYSIS
- View Recorded Webinar
- Link to complete survey to give us your feedback on this webinar and others
STATE BUDGET ANALYSIS - CALL TO ACTION
March 31, 2014
- State Reaches Budget Deal – Advocacy Effort Dramatically Improves Final Agreement
- Link To:
- View Individual School Aid Runs
- View 2014-2015 State Education Aid Budget Totals
- View State Aid by County
- View Side by Side Chart of Budget Proposals – Including Final Agreement
- Statement of NYSSBA Executive Director Timothy G. Kremer on the State Budget Agreement
- NYSSBA Analysis
YOUR IMMEDIATE HELP IS NEEDED! – CALL TO ACTION
March 27, 2014
- CALL TO ACTION
- Tell your Legislators and the Governor you OPPOSE Building Aid for charter schools!
- NEED MORE?
- Charter schools constitute taxation without representation.
- Charter schools aren’t subject to the tax cap.
- CALL THE GOVERNOR / CALL YOUR MEMBER OF ASSEMBLY / CALL YOU SENATOR
FUNDING CRISIS REMAINS WHILE FUNDS ARE DIVERTED – ADVOCACY ALERT
March 19, 2014
FUNDING CRISIS – CALL NOW!
• FUNDING CRISIS REMAINS WHILE FUNDS ARE DIVERTED
• CALL YOUR MEMBER OF ASSEMBLY / CALL YOUR SENATOR NOW!
|Next Page >>|