eLearning @ NYSSBA – A new and easier way to learn via your computer, tablet or mobile phone.
With NYSSBA’s new eLearning platform, your online course experience will be easy, efficient and a pleasure with a voice over narrative to guide you through the courses. Unlike other eLearning platforms, NYSSBA’s will offer you:
- More opportunities to take the two courses – you choose when you want to take a course(s) anytime - no restrictions
- More tech support
- More engaging learning activities
Wouldn’t you like to work with a system that is more intuitive and more interactive?
- Alerts will include progress updates to keep you on track to complete your course within 60 days.
- Set up personalized text alerts for reminders.
- Ability to print and/or download your certificate once the course is completed.
State Mandated Training for New York State School Board Members
State law requires mandatory training for newly elected school board members within their first year of office. Newly elected school board members are required to take governance skills training and six hours of fiscal oversight training.
- Essentials of School Board Governance
The school board plays a vital role in the governing of schools. Therefore board members must be trained on the essentials of school board governance to include operational procedures for board meetings, Open Meetings Law, legal rights and more.
- Fiscal Oversight Fundamentals
Among the many responsibilities of school board members is fiscal oversight. Many new board members have little or no experience in organizational finance. NYSSBA’s fiscal oversight training will help you learn more about fiscal management from the budget process to sound fiscal oversight to fundraising with school foundations.
Members: Only $99 per course
Nonmembers: $198 per course
- Choose below to Register for the NYSSBA eLearning Platform:
- Login Credentials will follow via an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Login to the eLearning Platform
- Choose your course(s) and Enroll
- Pay for your course(s) either using a credit card or the purchase order number provided by the district clerk
- Training begins immediately upon payment
Please Note: You will have 60 days to complete your course(s) from the day you enroll. Enrollment occurs when you log into the eLearning Platform, place your course(s) into your shopping cart, and check out by either paying by credit card or providing your school district’s purchase order number. If you do not complete your course(s) within the 60 day time period, your course(s) will expire and you must re-enroll. Re-enrolling will cause your school district to incur another enrollment fee per course AND any progress you made during your first enrollment session will be forfeited.
Already registered for the eLearning Platform and have your login credentials?
Click on the button below to login to the eLearning Platform, enroll, pay for your course(s) and begin your training immediately.