2015 NYSSBA Budget Analysis
April 8, 2015
Last week the legislature enacted the 2015-16 State Budget which included the following:
- A school aid increase of - $1.3 billion
- GEA Restoration - $603 million
- Foundation Aid increase - $428 million
- Expense-based aids - $269 million
- An expansion of the educator probationary period from 3 to 4 years
- Improvements to the tenured educator disciplinary system
- A school receivership system
- An overhaul of the APPR system, including the required use of independent evaluators
- A link between the adoption and certification of updated teacher evaluations by November 2015 in order to be in the receipt of a school aid increase
Earlier today, NYSSBA staff held a webinar to discuss the budget and answer key questions. If you were unable to attend, you can view the video archive at any time:
NYSSBA will continue to provide additional information on the implementation of these policies as they emerge.
Applications and guidance on the local government efficiency plans are now available.
Be sure to file by June 1st to ensure your taxpayers are eligible for the 2015 tax freeze credit.
Send this page to a friend
Show Other Stories