Advocacy Alert: School Aid Runs and Final Budget Announcement
April 8, 2017
Last night, just before 9:00 pm, Governor Cuomo announced that he had come to an agreement with legislative leaders on a final budget.
Details were scarce in the announcement but we did learn that the final arrangement includes:
- $1.1 billion in funding for education, including a $700 million increase in Foundation Aid
- Changes to how charter schools are funded
- Contested policy proposals were agreed to including raising the age of criminal responsibility and affordable housing
- Additional authority for the Division of the Budget to make mid-year budget adjustments if federal funding cuts exceed a certain threshold
- This proposal has more oversight than the original Executive proposal
NYSSBA will be analyzing the bills as they are released and will share more details as they are available.
2017 School Aid Runs
Final school aid runs were made available early this morning and can be viewed below.
NYSSBA's Governmental Relations team will keep you up to date on these and other issues.
For more information, visit our Key Issues Page, and be sure to follow NYSSBA on Facebook and Twitter.
Send this page to a friend
Show Other Stories