Advocacy Update: 2021-22 Enacted State Budget Analysis
April 9, 2021
Shortly before midnight on Wednesday, the state Assembly passed its final budget bills, officially completing the legislature's work on the 2021-22 state budget. The final budget includes record levels of state aid and other notable success. Highlights include:
- $3.06 billion state aid increase
- $1.4 billion Foundation Aid increase, with a plan to fully-fund the formula over three years
- Allocation of more than $12 billion in federal stimulus funds for school districts
- More than $100 million in new funding for additional pre-kindergarten seats
- Rejection of the Executive proposal to consolidate and eliminate expense-based aids
- Expansion of costs eligible for transportation aid during the Spring 2020 shutdown
NYSSBA's comprehensive summary and analysis of the enacted state budget can be viewed below.
2021-22 Enacted State Budget Webinar
The NYSSBA Governmental Relations team will be hosting a webinar on Wednesday, April 14 at 12pm to review what was included in the enacted budget, what was left out, and how the various provisions may impact your school district heading into 2021-22. We hope you can join us. Registration information can be found below.
NYSSBA's Governmental Relations team will continue to report on these and other issues. For more information, visit our Key Issues Page
Show Other Stories