Employment Opportunities at NYSSBA
The New York State School Boards Association is seeking an experienced individual for immediate employment in our Latham, NY headquarters.
- Advocate for the Association’s legislative agenda to the State Legislature, State Education Department, other state agencies and Congress.
- Engage with school board members around the state on an ongoing basis.
- Represent the Association in coalitions and other meetings.
- Produce memos and other written materials to support the legislative agenda.
Requirements and Skills:
- BA required; MA or JD preferred
- Minimum five years legislative or other policy or lobbying experience.
- Experience with public education policy issues strongly preferred.
- Experience producing legislative materials including bill drafts and position papers preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Frequent travel as well as night and weekend availability.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for confidential consideration, email resume and cover letter by December 6 to:
Subject line: Gov. Relations Position
NYSSBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion.