Employment Opportunities at NYSSBA
Adjunct Faculty – Retreat Facilitators
NYSSBA’s Department of Leadership Development seeks qualified adjunct faculty from the Central, Western and Northern regions of New York State to deliver NYSSBA Custom Board Retreats for school board members and their superintendents to promote good governance and productive teamwork. Using NYSSBA’s curriculum, adjunct faculty will facilitate retreats to help school boards understand roles and responsibilities, build team relations, improve governance and address local concerns.
Facilitation of Custom Board Retreats is primarily evening and weekend work. Travel, sometimes overnight, is required.
Adjunct Faculty will:
- Facilitate full and half-day Custom Board Retreats at a specific time and location as set forth by mutual agreement between the facilitator and district officials
- Prepare for retreats by gathering and reviewing information on relevant issues
- Develop an agenda and retreat materials for production
- Complete a summary report following each retreat
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in group facilitation
- Experience in public education or board of education service
- Understanding of local and state educational issues
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Conflict management and dispute resolution experience preferred
Adjunct faculty members are independent contractors paid per project and not employees of NYSSBA.
To apply for confidential consideration, email resume and cover letter before February 28, 2018 to:
Subject line: CBR Adjunct Faculty
24 Century Hill Drive, Suite 200, Latham, NY 12110-2125
An Equal Opportunity Employer