| From meetings with legislative and executive staff to bill drafting and analysis and testifying at hearings, we are your eyes and ears in Albany.
This includes everything from direct efforts on local issues with which you need assistance, to pressing statewide issues that affect all school districts. Through our partnership with NSBA, we also represent you in Congress and with the United States Department of Education.
Our governmental relations team can help you:
- Understand your district’s state aid allocation
- Stay up-to-date on legislative activities.
- Make your district’s voice heard
- Online Action Center
- Capital Conference
Customized services are also available from bill drafting to lobby days, to in-district visits to local training. Download our brochure, call or email us today to request services tailored to your district’s needs.
Governmental Relations Staff
- Julie M. Marlette, Director of Governmental Relations
- Brian Fessler, Deputy Director of Governmental Relations
- Belinda Heckler, Governmental Relations Representative
- Caroline Bobick, Governmental Relations Representative
- Briana McNamee, Governmental Relations Representative
- Danielle Grasso, Governmental Relations Coordinator
Our work is guided by the position statements annually adopted by our membership during the Annual Business Meeting. The position statements adopted at our most recent business meeting, a full listing of all current position statements and our current legislative priorities are readily available resources.
- Position Statements Adopted at the 2018 Annual Business Meeting
- 2018 Position Statements
- 2019 Legislative Priorities