Disclaimer regarding social media and linked sites
The NYSSBA website includes social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, and links to other sites on the web. To enable their functionality, such sites and social media tools may collect users’ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and set cookies on users’ devices. Interactions with any such site or tool are governed by the privacy statement of that particular company, not NYSSBA’s privacy statement.
Information NYSSBA collects
Generally, users can visit or access the NYSSBA website without actively revealing any personally identifiable information. However, due to the nature of some of the NYSSBA products and services, and sometimes to better provide services, NYSSBA may request personally identifiable information such as a user’s name, title, employer/organization, address, email address and telephone number. Means through which NYSSBA may collect user information include the following:
- Device information – The type of device used, operating system version, and the device identifier.
- Log information – When NYSSBA service is used or NYSSBA-provided content is viewed, user information such as IP address, device event information and cookies that may uniquely identify the browser may be automatically collected and stored in a server log.
How NYSSBA uses information it collects
NYSBBA uses information it collects from users of its products and services to provide, maintain, protect and improve those products and services; to design or develop new products and services; and to improve user/customer experience. NYSSBA may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with its partners, such as publishers, advertisers and business affiliates. NYSSBA will not share any user’s personally identifiable information with third parties unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With a user’s affirmative authorization.
- For legal reasons, such as (a) to protect NYSSBA’s rights or property, (b) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud or security or technical issues, or (c) when, by law, legal process or some enforceable governmental request which requires NYSSBA to reveal the personal information.
- For NYSSBA business reasons, when the third party is a provider of some service to NYSSBA which cannot be performed without access to the personally identifiable information.
How NYSSBA safeguards information it collects
NYSSBA follows generally accepted standards, including encryption technology and strict verification protocols, to protect all personally identifiable information it collects and stores.