School Business Administrator
Garrison Union Free School District
Garrison, New York
The School Business Administrator is responsible for the management of the business operations of the District, including but not limited to all aspects of an $11,300,000 million dollar budget, accounting, payroll, purchasing, the administration of contracts, and other fiscal services in such a manner as to maximize the impact of District resources in support of the District’s goals. Responsibilities:
- Works directly with the Superintendent on strategic projects and planning relevant to:
- The reorganization of the business office in order to strategically improve efficiency and productivity
- Data analysis, by providing useable, and relevant data to all stakeholders to enable strategic decision-making
- Designs and implements the annual budget process which includes a stakeholder engagement strategy
- Prepares financial and statistical reports for the Board of Education, school administration, and state agencies
- Directs fund management, position management, accounts receivable, annual budget preparation and monitoring, procurement of equipment and supplies, within the boundaries established by the Superintendent and Board of Education
- Leads the Audit and Finance Committees to develop short-term and long-range financial plans consistent with the District’s goals
- Assures financial compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Assists administrators in implementing and monitoring their budget expenditures
- Provides support and guidance to business office staff toward their professional development
- Performs other duties as directed by Superintendent
- A minimum of five years of successful business, accounting, and/or administrative experience preferably in a NYS public school district;
- A Master’s Degree in accounting, business administration, education or school business management;
- Possess excellent communication (oral, written, electronic) and technology skills;
- Possesses or is eligible for New York State certification as SBA, SDA, SDBL, or for Putnam County Civil Service appointment as a School Business Manager.
Commensurate with Experience
All applications must be submitted through OLAS at www.olasjobs.org
Assistant Superintendent of Instruction
West Irondequoit Central School District
Rochester, New York
The West Irondequoit Central School District, located in the northeast part of Monroe County and bordering Rochester, New York is seeking an outstanding educational leader to assume the role of Assistant Superintendent of Instruction. The District is regionally and nationally recognized for excellence in academics, the arts and athletics, and partners with the community in providing a comprehensive educational experience that balances high expectations, diverse opportunities, intellectual growth, and personal responsibility. Our community welcomes each child, nurtures each child mind, and inspires each other to peak performance.
The Assistant Superintendent of Instruction will be provided with a regionally competitive salary and benefits package.
Candidates must possess or be eligible for New York State certification as a School District Administrator (SDA) or School District Leader (SDL).
Salary and benefits are regionally competitive.
To learn more about the West Irondequoit Central School District visit www.westirondequoit.org . Questions regarding this exciting leadership opportunity should be directed to:
Howard Smith, Ed.D, Education Consultant
Webster Szanyi, LLP
1400 Liberty Building
Buffalo, New York 14202
Association of School Business Officials of NY
ASBO-NY recognizes members as experts in school finance and operations, and leaders in education, by supporting the professional growth of members, serving as the leading resource on school finance, and advocating to ensure quality education for all students. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director oversees all operations, functions, and activities of the Association; is the “face and voice” of the organization; whose goal is to manage and lead the organization towards the realization of its mission. The Executive Director works closely with the board to develop the organization’s vision and strategic focus and is responsible for giving direction and implementing that vision. Responsibilities:
- Manage overall strategic operation and administration of the Association, ensuring all components and initiatives are unified and functioning to strengthen the field of school business.
- Fiscal management ensuring the financial well-being of the association, including budget development.
- Serves as lead spokesperson, advocating for the Association and members to advance its efforts.
- Provide dynamic collaborative leadership and effective management consistent with the mission.
- Provide quality professional development, advocacy and research, and member services.
- Establish and maintain positive, productive relationships, participating in all meetings of affiliate organizations.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications, with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Plan and direct membership promotion and retention programs to achieve membership goals.
- Act as Liaison to Association committees, task forces and external organizations.
- Actively engage and energize board members, committees, alumni, and partnering organizations.
- Lead, coach, develop, acquire, and retain staff to positively support the association’s operations and success.
- Expand local revenue generating activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion.
- Advocate for the Association’s legislative and budgetary priorities, by communicating with the public, media, and policymakers.
- Requires approximately 20% travel to workshops or meetings.
- MS/MA in business administration or relevant field strongly preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proven experience as executive director or minimum of 5 years in other executive level managerial position required; track record of effectively leading a state or national membership association preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, with demonstrated abilities, in developing strategies and plans, with proven ability to apply successful advocacy, fundraising and networking techniques
- Strong understanding of nonprofit finance and measures of performance with in-depth knowledge of nonprofit governance principles and managerial best practices
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Outstanding organization and leadership abilities with excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
- A persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- An excellent leader with ability to motivate and take a holistic approach in managing the organization’s operations
- Excellence in organizational management with ability to coach staff, lead and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors, and cultivating existing board member relationships preferred
- Strong marketing, public relations, and revenue generating experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Possess an analytical, action-oriented, entrepreneurial, and adaptable approach to organizational development
- Passionate and idealistic, with strong integrity and positive attitude; must be mission-driven, and self-directed
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn, the principles of school finance in New York State
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
ASBO-NY offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits, including retirement contributions and extraordinary paid time off and holidays. Diversity and Inclusion, Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants should apply today for this opportunity!
Send your resume and cover letter with salary requirement via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please mention where you saw this ad in your email).
West Valley SCD
West Valley, NY
The West Valley Central School District is seeking a proven leader, of unquestioned integrity, with proven collaboration and communication skills to serve as its next Superintendent of Schools. Successful experience as: superintendent; district and/or building administrator; and, teaching/related experience are preferred. The Board prefers that the selected individual reside within the district and show support or participate in activities throughout the school and community.
- Hold or be eligible for New York State School District Administrator certification;
- Minimum of five years of successful administrative experience;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Experience with leadership in small schools;
- Ability to employ and support the use of available technology where it is purposeful and efficient;
- Thorough knowledge of financial procedures and budgeting matters that ensures the quality and breadth of student programs;
- Experience with capital improvement projects;
- Strong instructional leadership skills including the ability to understand the district’s accountability measures and lead a program of continuous improvement;
- A desire to develop a close professional working relationship with the Board of Education and an ability to keep the Board and the school community well informed;
- A willingness to think outside the box and employ creative solutions;
- An educational leader who brings integrity, trust, enthusiasm, compassion and the ability to foster an environment based on mutual respect.
Scott E. Payne, District Superintendent CABOCES - 1825 Windfall Road, Olean, NY 14760
Please download application here: https://caboces.org/jobs/J_20_WestValley_Sup_App_Fillable.pdf
Superintendent of Schools
Fabius-Pompey Central School District
Fabius, New York
The Fabius-Pompey Central School District Board of Education seeks a collaborative, experienced leader with a keen focus on helping all students succeed.
Brochure and Application available at: www.fabiuspompey.org
Send completed application, cover letter, resume, five professional references and all certificates to:
Anita Murphy, District Superintendent
Capital Region BOCES
900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Albany, NY 12205