New York State Association of Business Officials Purchasing Card
(NYSASBO P-Card Program)
The New York State School Boards Association has endorsed the New York State Association of School Business Officials' new p-Card.
NYSASBO Purchasing Card Program
This program is unique, competitive and fully customizable as a benefit to NYSASBO School District Members. Along with the numerous other benefits of the NYSASBO p-card listed below, comes a competitive rebate program just for purchasing goods and services you’re already using in your district.
This program is a tool to streamline the purchasing process through the use of technology. The reduction in purchase orders and paper checks result in a savings of time and money. NYSASBO members have the opportunity to join this no-fees program, which is currently used by over 650 school districts across 14 states.
What is a p-Card?
A p-Card is similar to a credit card without a revolving line of credit, can have set limits to control transactions and has authorization parameters that can be managed 24/7 through a secure web portal by district administration.
Advantages of NYSASBO’s p-Card program:
- Eliminates the cost and hassle of negotiating a purchasing card contract
- Provides a tested, easy-to-use program with no startup costs or annual fees to the district
- Combines purchasing power to provide a larger rebate than could be obtained with a stand-alone district contract
- Allows your school district to ensure adequate controls and proper audit trails
- Creates a user group/support network not obtainable with multiple programs and different contracts
- Provides excellent training and user group support
For more information about the NYSABO p-Card, visit www.nysasbo.org or click here. http://www.nysasbo.org/page/nysasbo-p-card-program-64.html